This express limited warranty is effective for products manufactured by Alumwin Inc. (“Alumwin”), extends to all original end users and is not transferable.
What is covered by this warranty?
Subject to the conditions, exclusions and limitations of this limited warranty, Alumwin Inc. of Unit#12- 55 Administration Road, Concord, Canada L4K4G9 (“Alumwin”) warrants our glass and components below will be free from defects in materials and workmanship which would render the product unserviceable or unfit for ordinary recommended use from the date of shipment for the following time periods:
- Glass. We warrant insulated glass against failure of the air seal and that each unit will be free from material obstruction of vision as a result of frogging and film formation on the internal surfaces. All glass is warranted for a period of twenty (20) years.
- Component Finishes. Alumwin standard aluminum finish is warranted for a period of twenty (20) years against defects resulting in cracking, peeling and other loss of adhesion.
- Hardware and Components. All hardwares installed by Alumwins, including but not limited to, folding system and swing door carriers, pivots, surface mounted locks, hinge, multipoint locking mechanisms and rolling hardware will be warranted for a period of twenty (20) years.
All hardware products should be cleaned and maintained as recommended, and as frequently as necessary.
- Screens. Both pleated and non-pleated screens are warranted for a period of twenty (20) years. Exterior application of screen is not recommended.
Warranty Conditions, Exclusions and Limitations
This warranty is limited to defects in materials and workmanship and expressly excludes damage or defects caused by or arising from
- Accident, misuse, abuse, failure to follow the care and maintenance instruction and increased frequency of maintenance required in a corrosive environment; finish failures or corrosion of aluminum or damage to other components caused by chemicals or environment conditions including but not limited to air pollutants, acid rain, brick wash, muriatic acid, direct contact with concrete and salt spray; field modification of product; impact or wind pressure; exposure to conditions beyond published performance data; or as a result of any cause beyond our control (e.g. fire, flood, earthquake, other acts of nature, and acts of third parties outside of our control).
- Products purchased through us that are manufactured by a third party (including but not limited and custom hardware); panels including glass that are manufactured by others and supplied to us for inclusion in our door system and related panel and system performance; and special product that includes items manufactured according to customer supplied specifications or no hardware.
- Improper scream assembly and installation, damage as a result of environmental conditions such as wind, normal wear and tear but not limited to exposure to sun, rain abrasion, heat and/or cold, exterior application, damage to, or contamination of, screen cloth and other screen components by rough handling, misuse, abuse or neglect, damage caused by humans or pets accidently running, walking or falling into the screen, damage and/or contamination of dirt, dust or debris.
- We are not responsible or liable for: Cost for labor, installation, removal or repainting, refinishing or similar activities connected with the replacement product or component; execution of service and costs incurred for shipping, handling, transferring, insuring and transporting; and incidental or consequential damages of any kind other than as mandated by applicable state law. This warranty is not a promise of future performance. Your exclusive remedy shall be repair, replacement or refund as stated in this warranty. If we determine that a defect exists that is covered by this limited warranty, we will elect to either repair the product or components or ship replacement product or components to the distributor or person making the warranty claim in the same condition as the product originally sold, subject to our right to substitute a similar product when the product originally sold has been discontinued or modified. We may elect to provide replacement glass with or without associated sash. Alumwin, in its sole discretion, may choose to repair the product as an option to replace in full satisfaction of its warranty obligation. The warranty on any replacement product will extend for the balance of the original warranty period. It is the purchaser’s sole responsibility for determining whether a product purchased from us is suitable for an end user’s needs or application. All visible defects must be reported before installation and finishing. Failure by the purchaser or end user to follow the installation and maintenance contained within this warranty required shall void any and all express warranties.
- This express limited warranty sets forth our maximum liability for our products. No one is authorized to modify or expand this express limited warranty. The absolute limit of our liability is the product purchase price from Alumwin. We shall not be liable for special, indirect, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages of any kind and all such claims are waived to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Your sole or exclusive remedy with respect to any and all losses and damages resulting from any cause whatsoever as specified herein. All Alumwin products are sold ‘as is’ and as such Alumwin disclaims any and all implied warranties. We make no other warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability and of fitness for a particular purpose to the original purchaser or to any subsequent user of the product, except as expressly contained herein. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the goods is with the buyer. In the event state or provincial law precludes exclusion or limitation of implied warranties, the duration of any such warranties shall be no longer than, and the time and manner of presenting any claim thereon shall be the same as, that provided in the express warranty stated herein.
Procedures for Warranty
Please inspect your order immediately upon receipt and installation. If you have a problem, immediately upon discovery contact the salesperson whom you purchased your product with, or contact us directly.
Phone: (905) 532-9111
We can best respond if you provide the following: a) date of purchase, b) how to contact you, c) the address of where the product can be inspected, and d) a description of the problem and product (including photographs). All visible defects must be reported before installation and finishing.
Alumwin is committed to respect the privacy of our customers, and we recognize the demand of protecting of our client’s personal information. We will not share your information with any third parties outside of our organization unless it is necessary or per your request.